JOB OPPORTUNITY FOR A QUALIFIED STUDENT:
We have a unique opportunity for a motivated student interested in working in an innovative, creative and entrepreneurial environment.
Job Title: Brand Ambassador
The Brand Ambassador will work full-time at our store focussing on retail sales and promoting the pride of the region through our brand. This is a 10-week position, starting in mid-June with the possibility of starting part-time earlier in May. Must be available weekends. This position is supported by a student grant and therefore, to be eligible for consideration, candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- must be between 15 and 30 years of age during the employment period
- was a full time student in secondary or post-secondary program in 2016/17 and intends to return to school in the fall
- is legally eligible to work in Canada
- Personable, energetic and creative with excellent, articulate communication skills
- Sales experience in a retail context
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Ability to perform under pressure and address issues in a timely manner
- Relevant fields of study include marketing, business, communications, public relations
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset
- Driver’s license preferred
- Physical ability to work long hours standing up and lifting up to 30 lbs
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service;
- “Go the extra mile” to inspire positive customer experience about our brand and the region;
- assess customers needs and provide assistance and information on product features;
- cross sell products;
- follow and achieve sales goals;
- ensure store is consistently presentable and maintain stock room organization;
- actively seek out customers in store;
- remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options;
- fulfill duties related to daily store operations as required;
- team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service;
- participate in local events as possible to promote the pride of ‘The County’ through the company’s branded products;
- implement promotional strategies through the use of social media and live blogging entries;
- act as tourist expert to customers.
$12/hour. Upon successful completion of the 10-week full-time contract, a bonus will be awarded.
Send a resume and cover letter detailing why you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 19th, 2017.