Social Media Whiz? We're Hiring!!
COUNTY T-SHIRTS HAS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A QUALIFIED STUDENT:
We have a unique opportunity for a motivated student interested in working in an innovative, creative and entrepreneurial environment. Our Brand Ambassador position is an 8 week full-time summer position implementing public relations initiatives and retail sales and marketing opportunities to promote the County Brand label and the region.
Job Title: Brand Ambassador
The Brand Ambassador will work 30 hours/week at The Prince Edward County T-Shirt Company retail store and throughout Prince Edward County doing outreach activities and events. This is an 8-week position, starting at the end of June with the possibility of extending part-time into the fall season. Must be available week-ends. This position is supported by a student grant and therefore, to be eligible for consideration, candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- must be between 15 and 30 years of age during the employment period
- was a full time student in secondary or post-secondary program in 2015/16 and intends to return to school in the fall
- is legally eligible to work in Canada
- Personable, energetic and creative with excellent, articulate communication skills
- Social media wizard
- Sales and marketing experience in a retail context
- Relevant fields of study include marketing, communications, public relations, with a strong set of skills related to social media, media design and creation, photography and video
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset
- Driver’s license preferred
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Coordinate outreach events and participate in local festivals and opportunities to promote the company’s branded products
- Analyze market observations and transform ideas into a design and PR strategy
- Utilize new technology to produce online marketing strategies, social media and live blogging entries at events and happenings throughout the county
- Design promotional materials using industry standard applications
- Maintain company and brand standards through merchandising and presentation within the store environment and at events
- Fulfill duties related to daily store operations as required
- Focus retail sales opportunities by providing exceptional customer service
- Act as a concierge to visitors to improve holiday experience
- Create new designs that support and enhance the developing culture of the area
$12/hour. Upon successful completion of the 8-week contract, a bonus will be awarded.
Send a resume and cover letter detailing why you are interested in this position to email@example.com by June 17th, 2016.