Prince Edward County 2016 Annual T-shirt Design Competition
ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED FOR 2016
We are thrilled to announce our 2016 Annual T-shirt Design Competition. Entrants are asked to design a t-shirt that tells a story about the County. One winner will be voted by our fans from amongst 3 finalists. The winner will receive $200 for their design. The shirt will be sold at a special price throughout the 2016 season, and $5 from every sale will be donated to a County charitable organization to be chosen by our followers.
- Up to 3 colours (plus white shirt) allowed.
- Designs may not exceed 12” wide by 16” high.
- One design per entry, but enter as many times as you like.
- The design must include a reference to the year 2016. One of the phrases, “Prince Edward County” “County” or “The County” must also be included.
- The design must be wholly original. By submitting a design you are guaranteeing that you hold rights to everything in it and that it does not contain any copyright material.
- Submit entries as print size vector PDF files. We reserve the right to make adjustments to the winning design.
- Entries must be received by April 15, 2016, and sent via web form only (below).
T-Shirt Design Contest Official Rules
- THE CONTEST: Entrants in the “Prince Edward County 2016 Annual T-Shirt Design Contest” (“Contest”) should submit artwork to be considered for a Prince Edward County T-shirt Company-branded tee shirt.
- SPONSOR: The Prince Edward County T-shirt Company is the sponsor and administrator of the Contest and is responsible for the fulfillment of the prize.
- ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to anyone regardless of age or geographic location who loves “The County." All federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Contestants under 18 must have a parent or legal guardian submit entry on their behalf.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest runs from March 14, 2016 and ends April 15, 2016 at 11:59 pm EST (“Contest Period”). The contest will have two (2) phases including the submission phase and the voting phase. The submission phase will run through April 15, 2016. The voting phase will begin on April 16, 2016 and run through April 22, 2016. All voting will take place on our Facebook page. Winners will be notified and the winner will be announced on or before April 25, 2016.
- GUIDELINES: Designs can include up to 3-colours, not including the base colour of the shirt (white) and must have the name “Prince Edward County” or “The County” on it somewhere, as well as the year “2016”. All submissions must be scaled to actual print size (up to 12” wide x 16” high) in vector PDF.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, Entrants may submit as many designs as they wish, using the web form on countytshirts.com. Entries sent via email will not be accepted or considered. By entering, contestants warrant that each submission is their own original creation and that no entry infringes on another contestant or person’s rights. Any use of any photo, drawing, images or elements created by any other person, is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entry should be appropriate to the Prince Edward County T-shirt Company brand image. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or reject any entry, in their sole and absolute discretion, that does not meet the above criteria. Once submitted, an entry cannot be modified. By submitting an entry, Contestant acknowledges that his/her entry may be posted on Sponsor's website and edited, in Sponsor's discretion.
- OWNERSHIP: The Prince Edward County T-shirt Company has exclusive rights to reproduce and use. Winning entry become the property of The Prince Edward County T-shirt Company. Submission of a winning entry grants Sponsor and its agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free license and right to publish, use, edit, adapt, modify and/or publicly perform the entry in any way, in commerce and in any and all media worldwide now known or hereinafter developed, without limitation and without notice or consideration of the contestant. Upon submission you agree to forfeit any ownership and are prohibited from the independent reproduction or sale of any images. By virtue of a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual license for the designs granted by all finalists chosen prior to the voting process, the Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, print (as on apparel) and publish any or all of the designs deemed finalist, and may use them in any media and/or the promotion without compensation to the contestant, his or her successors or assigns, or any other entity. The Prince Edward County T-shirt Company maintains the rights to receive all proceeds from the sale of any merchandise using the submitted winning artwork, without fee or other form of compensation due at any time to the contestant. Designs will be credited to the artist on the Sponsors website, social media pages, and in all promotions relevant to that product.
- PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected and awarded a $200.00 cash prize and be named as the winner on www.countytshirts.com. The prize will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received. No substitution for prize, unless at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize is not transferable. All taxes are the winner’s responsibility.
- WINNER SELECTION: All entries will be judged on the following criteria: a.) originality (25%), b.) creativity (25%), c.) appropriateness to Contest Theme of “County Annual T-shirt” (20%), and d.) public appeal as determined by public comments received (30%). Decisions of the judges shall be final in all matters related to this Contest. Sponsor will choose three (3) Finalists from all designs submitted, and post the designs online for public voting on Facebook.
- GENERAL TERMS: By participating in the Contest, contestants warrant and represent that none of the material submitted or posted infringes upon or otherwise violates the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual or proprietary rights of any person or entity and that they have fully complied with the Official Rules. Prize acceptance constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner’s name, likeness and entry (in whole or in part) for publicity purposes in all forms of media including the worldwide Internet without additional compensation, notification or permission.